Travel letters should be addressed to the Passport Office and contain the following information:
- The letter should be written on personal letterhead, and should be typed.
- The name of the passport applicant
- The country to be visited, the border where you will cross, and the means of transportation
- The applicant's date of departure (if you may travel at any time, indicate the earliest approximate date)
- The letter must be signed by the applicant
"Your Personal Letterhead"
To: Passport office
This letter is to inform you that I, “Your Name” “will be traveling on “Travel Date” to “Country to be visited.” I will be traveling by “Means of Transportation” and will cross the border from “U.S. city/state” to “Foreign city/state.”
Thank you for your assistance in expediting this passport application.