Employment letters should be addressed to the Passport Office and contain the following information:
- The letter should be written on personal letterhead, and should be typed.
- The name of the passport applicant, and current or prospective job title.
- The name of the company that requires the passport, and its contact information: address, telephone number, email address.
- The earliest date that the passport is needed.
- The letter must be signed by the applicant.
"Your Personal Letterhead"
To: Passport office
This letter is to inform you that I, “Your Name,” “Your Title”, am required to hold a passport for employment purposes by “Company Name, ”“Company Contact Information.” I need to have the passport completed no later than “Earliest Date Passport is Needed.”
Thank you for your assistance in expediting this passport application.